Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Boy Howdy I'm Weak

I may be able to run far and decently fast, but I am weak. I can't lift heavy things, hence where the strength goals came in to play.

About a month ago, I went into the gym to see where I was at with bench press and fairly easily hit the weight goal I was going for (hit 157# that day). I was hoping to do the same today with the dead lift. My dead lift goal is 250#. I did a couple solid reps at 198# (below) and 1 rep of sloppy 208#. So, I've easily got 40+ pounds to go.

You lift PUNY weight
To make matters worse, a couple guys next to me were warming up with around 200# and then were doing 5 sets of 5 reps at 240ish. A nice punch in the crotch to start the day.

After talking with the coach, he said I should easily be able to add 50# within a month if I just do a decent amount of strength training. So, time to figure out some creative ways to do dead lifts at home.

No comments: